Wednesday, March 9, 2011

From the Mouths of My Babes

This blog is my journal, more or less, because I want to document this time in my life.  So, I've decided that this is where I will write down all of those wonderful things that my children say.  I'm sure I will be adding to this entry frequently, but here's a start (collected since September 2010):

  • Miss M, after much thought about why she was screaming in the car - "I'm just crying."
  • Miss A, to an elk grazing on the side of the road - "Goodbye Elk!  Enjoy your salad!"
  • Miss M, laying her head on my chest while I was laying down - "Mommy, where did your other booby go?
  • Miss M - "You're very clever daddy."
  • Miss A - "Does Cousin live on Earth mommy?"
  • Me - "Are you tired?", Miss M - "No, I don't have yawns."
  • Me - "Who are you calling?", Miss M - "China."
  • Miss A, after a pee on the potty - "Fantastic!"
  • Miss M to Miss A - "Be careful sweetheart the water is too warm."
  • Miss M - "My pom-pom is beautiful!  It looks like a firework!"
  • Miss A, presenting herself to me in the kitchen - "At your service!"
  • Both - "Polka-bots."
  • Miss M to Me, after I went to the washroom - "Bravo Mommy!  I'm really proud of you!" 
  • Miss A to her Daddy, who was wearing black long underwear - "You're dressed like a prince Daddy!  Let's dance!  La, la, la la..."
  • Miss A to her Grandpa - "Do you have little boobies Poppa?"
  • Miss M, wide-eyed, who thought Santa was coming to the house momentarily - "I have to go upstairs and do some laundry."  (She wanted to get away, that's the best excuse she could think of).
  • Miss M - "Where's Canada?"  Me - "We're in Canada now, we live in Canada". Miss M - "I live in Canada, it's my home and native land".
  • Me to Miss M - "Do you need to use the potty?"  Miss M - "No, I went yesterday", followed by "I went on Saturday".
  • Miss A - "Where's Daddy going?".  Me - "To the gym, to exercise".  Miss A - "Is he going to run?  Is he going to run like the wind?". 
  •  Miss A, frustrated with a task beyond her abilities - "I can't do it!  I'm not bigger yet!  I'm not a mommy!"  (She has also used "I'm not a daddy").
  • Me to Miss M - "Please get your finger out of Mommy's ear", Miss M - "But it's the perfect fit!" 
  • Miss M to the babysitter - "You have necklaces on your teeth."  The babysitter - "No, they're braces."  Miss M - "Oh...bracelets!"
  • Me to Miss M - "Did you pee in your bed last night?"  Miss M - "No, it got wet all by itself."
  • Miss M, opening the door for me when I got home from work - "Hello Mommy, welcome to our house!"
  • Miss M to Miss A, who was 'reading' a book - "What does it say, Miss A?"  Miss A, pointing at the words with her finger - "It says... always cooperate with your Mommy."
  • Miss A, as we were cuddling in her sister's bed to read a story - "Daddy can sleep in my bed tonight Mommy, let's mix it up".

No comments:

Post a Comment